Saturday 16 March 2024

OCTAVIO DARIN & SEBASTIANA MACERA

Sebastiana Macera & Octavio Darin on their wedding day flanked by nieces Ariene & Lila. 

As his name infers Octavio Darin, born on 8 May 1909, was the 8th child of Marco Giovanni Battista Da Rin Zoldan & Pasqua Billò aka Erminia and sometimes Emilia Billò. 

I have seen Pasqua's name written on her children's birth certificate as Erminia and Emilia... and to my great surprise I only found out her real name was Pasqua when I saw her own birth certificate (Certificato di Nascita) I had ordered from an Italian agency. Apparently she didn't like being called Pasqua even though Italian males don't mind being called Paschoal.

Marco Giovanni Darin (60) walks along side his son Octavio (21) in 1931, in São Paulo (probably).

Octavio a little later probably standing at the entrance o Cine São Luiz, where he worked on many positions. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment